- How to access the internet, circa 2025. Get your RealID cards out and ready!
- Tom Ricks has been putting out an intriguing little series on American civil-military relations, inspired by the ubiquity of those worthless “support the troops” ribbons. Here’s the first installment, “You Can Go Strangle Yourself with that Yellow Ribbon, or, Here Is What I Want You to Do Instead of Shaking My Hand.”
- Great interactive map of American migration patterns in 2008.
- The Smithsonian presents “The Ten Most Disturbing Scientific Discoveries.”
- For fighting in the bush with overlapping cones of fire, there’s Drake shooting.
- Everybody, everywhere is full of shit, from Joe Stack and other disillusioned citizens to the political class itself.
- I may have posted it before, but Niall Ferguson is to be given a hand in rewriting British school curriculums. It’s about time there was some revisionist revisionism; I can only imagine how much fun textbooks might become.
And from the past week on Automatic Ballpoint:
You’ll see for yourselves soon enough how well that’s going.