– Christopher Hitchens asks “WTF?” as the survivor of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki dies.
– From Wired: how the risk-averse society stopped bombing in Afghanistan (except for close-air support, really).
– If you’re a fan of ComingAnarchy, you’ll be pleased to know that Curzon is planning on making a visit to London next week. Open offer to meet up; who’s with me?
– Kazys Varnelis offers predictions for the coming decade. A number of things here, of course, but I think he’s spot on with the dissolving middle class and possible polarization/further fragmentation of the U.S. on a state-by-state basis. However, I think his outlook for suburbia is perhaps a little rosy.
– Socio-economics in Russia may put a stop to change. But would that change be good?