– Check out Geocurrents. Their manifesto: “this blog is based on the proposition that geographical knowledge can greatly enhance our understanding of current events” (via The Map Room).
– I think we’ve learned to seek revenge right away, rather than letting perpetrators linger. Hakeemullah Mehsud is dead?
– The “Coke Zero Facial Profiler.” Facial recognition technology goes viral.
– Love him or hate him (or merely disagree), Tony Judt is a pretty monumental intellectual. Which makes his battle with ALS all the more poignant.
– Another vector in the coming resource wars: food. Scientific American [subscription required] attempts to answer the question: could a collapse in the global system be the death knell for civilization?